Thursday, March 24, 2011

Less than a Year


Between posts, that is. I'm very proud of my commitment to this blog.

I'm going to try for shorter posts in the hopes that I'll be better at actively posting.

I figured I'd start off talking about a little show called "Glee." Now I realize we're already deep into the second season, so it's not really "new," but I had a couple of things I wanted to mention.



First off--Jane Lynch is amazing, and Sue Sylvester is already one of my favorite characters of all-time.

Second--A close second is Kurt's dad (whose name I just realized was Burt, which rhymes with Kurt...), played by the very underrated Mike O'Malley. This is the kind of dad I believe I have, and the kind of dad everybody deserves. Every time you think he's going to fail because Kurt is gay, he steps up and brings the awesome. I love Sue Sylvester, but Burt Hummel is my favorite character on the show.

Third--My favorite songs so far (in no particular order, although I'd probably put "Teenage Dream," "Valerie," "Time of My Life," "What it Feels Like for a Girl," and "Don't Stop Believin'" at the top):







Faithfully
Valerie
I Had the Time of My Life
Teenage Dream
One Last Bell
Lady is a Tramp
Don't Stop Believin'
What it Feels Like For a Girl
The Only Exception
Take a Bow
Taking Chances
Baby it's Cold
Defying Gravity
Poker Face
Everlasting Love
Safety Dance
Give up the Funk

Fourth--I do hope Darren Criss (shown above singing "Teenage Dream") is on the show to stay. He's brought a great male pop voice to the cast.

Fifth--This isn't a guilty pleasure. "Glee" is a good show, and I'm not ashamed to say it.

No comments: